Almost 7 weeks in, plenty of us are struggling with lock-down life. Soprano Ellie has been isolating with her toddler, and has shared her top tips for surviving quarantine – although we have to disagree with her about the Easter eggs!
- Wake up at a sensible time.
- Make a list every day of the things you want to achieve. These can be quite basic, like scheduling exercise, showering before midday, etc.
- Dress for the social life you want, not the one you have.
- Try to make an enjoyable phone call at least once a day. Being on hold for 3 hours to HMRC does not count.
- Limit screen time. 8-9 hours a day is sufficient.
- Don’t make banana bread just yet. Save that treat for when things get really desperate.
- Get as much daylight and fresh air as you are able to, without taking the mick.
- Listen to cheerful, uplifting music. Now is not the time to discover Bob Dylan or The Smith’s. (If you’re interested, I too have made a playlist of happy music, chosen by my friends on social media).
- Cook, eat and drink as you would normally. Easter eggs do not count as one of your 5-a-day. The same applies for vodka.
- Go to bed at a sensible time.
Listen to our full lock-down playlist on Spotify here.