We are proud to announce our 2017-18 London Season. We will be returning to London’s top venues including the Royal Festival Hall, St John’s Smith Square, Kings Place and Cadogan Hall, with a range of choral repertoire from Bach, Allegri and Palestrina to Joby Talbot, Pärt and Bernstein.
This season also sees the choir, and our Artistic Director Nigel Short, collaborating with world-renowned artists and orchestras such as the Academy of Ancient Music, Aurora Orchestra, English Chamber Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra and the Steinitz Bach Players, together with a star line-up of soloists for our annual Messiah at Cadogan Hall – Grace Davidson, Kitty Whately, James Gilchrist and Christopher Purves.
2018 will also see the return of our Holy Week Festival at St John’s Smith Square from Monday 26th March to Sunday 1st April 2018. The full festival line-up with be announced on Monday 30th October at our London Bachfest concert which opens our season.
We look forward to seeing you!
- 7:30pm, Monday 30th October 2017 – London Bachfest, St John’s Smith Square – programme of Bach, Reger and Schütz with the Steinitz Bach Players
- 8pm, Thursday 23rd November 2017 – Wimbledon International Music Festival, Sacred Heart Church – featuring music by Lassus, Allegri, Palestrina, Croft, Purcell, Holst and movements form Joby Talbot’s Path of Miracles
- 7pm, Saturday 25th November 2017 – British Museum Festival – Bach’s Mass in B Minor with the Academy of Ancient Music
- 6pm, Sunday 3rd December 2017 – Handel’s Messiah at Cadogan Hall with the English Chamber Orchestra, Grace Davidson, Kitty Whately, James Gilchrist and Christopher Purves
- 8pm, Tuesday 5th December 2017 – Huawei Winter Concert at the Royal Festival Hall also featuring Katherine Jenkins and the London Philharmonic Orchestra
- 7:30pm, Saturday 16th December 2017 – Le temps de Noël, Cello Unwrapped at Kings Place – featuring Oliver Coates (cello)
- 8pm, Wednesday 28th March 2018 – Holy Week Festival, St John’s Smith Square – Tenebrae & Aurora Orchestra perform Pärt’s Passio
- 7:30pm, Friday 6th July 2018 – Americana ’18, St John’s Smith Square – Bernstein Chichester Psalms featuring players from the Aurora Orchestra, David Allsopp (countertenor) and Martha McLorinan (mezzo-soprano)