Did you know that the word ‘tenebrae’ comes from the Latin meaning ‘shadows’? To celebrate the sunny summer weather, perfect for shadow-casting, Tenebrae are running an online competition to find the most creative shadow themed photograph! Whether it’s a snapped silhouette or a posed projection, you can be as obscure as you like (no prizes for spotting what we did there!). The top 5 photos sent to us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram will win some great prizes:
- 1st Prize: 2 tickets for our What Sweeter Music concert on 18th December.
- 2nd Prize: A chance to meet and greet the choir while attending one of our rehearsals.
- Runners up x 3: A signed and dedicated CD.
There are just two simple steps to enter!
- Create or take a photo of a shadow, and remember to be inventive!
- Upload it to Tenebrae’s Facebook Page/Tweet us/Instagram using the hashtag #tenebraeshadows
You can even visit our Pinterest ‘Shadows’ board for inspiration.
Entries will be judged by Artistic Director Nigel Short after the competition’s closing date: Midnight (BST) on Friday 25th July 2014.
Please note that by entering, you are agreeing to the competition Terms and Conditions.
Good look and get snapping!